Wednesday 3 October 2012

DIY- NATURAL HOME REMEDY FOR FEVER, FOOD POISONING AND FLU


Ok. I admit. A garlic infusion it's not one of the best combination ever. Despite what, I'm totally addicted to it and it doesn't taste that bad! 

The Garlic/Ginger/Lemon/Honey Infusion is the only one medicine I've taken for the past 3 years. 

I must say that I never been really sick except the usual food poisoning (with fever) and the common cold. 

I must say too that when I used to go to the doctor complaining because terrible stomach pain, high fever, vomiting, loose motion or constipation ('Welcome To India' Disease) and get out of the clinic with an endless list of medicines (which includes 5 days of antibiotic), nowadays I boil few ingredients and I obtain the same effect.

As I said, I mainly use it to cure fever, bad stomach and nausea but it's great to fight flu symptoms too.

Lets go to the core of this natural remedy and understand the benefit of each ingredient. I decided to mention the healing properties related to digestion system and respiratory system only, although their range of healing is much larger!

Garlic: It's the natural antibiotic and antibacterial agent best well know in history.

Ginger: It is perhaps the best natural remedy for digestion. It seems that, by stimulating the pancreas, it increases the production of enzymes which favor digestion. Equally, its antibacterial power is effective against preventing numerous intestinal problem that take place as a result of the alternation of the intestinal flora. Ingesting ginger is an ideal anti-vomiting remedy. It has capacity to eliminate harmful bacteria responsable for most of the diarrhea. Ginger is also very useful to dismiss the typical symptoms of flu like cold, sure throat and sinusitis. 

Lemon: It has strong antibacterial and antiviral powers. Rich of vitamin C, calcium, magnesium, bioflavonoids, pectin, limonene and citric acid promote immunity and fight infections. 

Honey: It's an immunity system builder. Its antibacterial, antimicrobial and antioxidant properties improve the digestive system and it's commonly used to cure cough and sure throat. 



Ingredients:

  • 3-4 cloves of garlic
  • Ginger root
  • Lemon
  • Honey
  • Water

Preparation:



  • Bring to boil one cup of water. Cut finely the garlic and add it to an empty cup. Peel 1 square inch of ginger and grate it, add it to the cup with garlic. When the water is boiling, pour it in the cup. Cover it and let it rest for 15 minutes. Filter it.



  • You never want to add lemon or honey to boiling or very hot ingredients. After 15 minutes the infusion will cool down and it's the right time to add 1tsp of honey and 1tbsp of lemon. 


  • Drink the infusion 3 times a day, 2 hours before/after meals.



If you have high fever, putting 2 cloves of garlic between your toes overnight might help. I'm not crazy,  with me it works beside my hubby mock me for weeks!


all the material belongs to ©inindiaperamore.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...